- From 2020, all advertised course fees include a general GA booking fee of either $10.00 (for programs of a duration of up to 8 sessions) or $15.00
(for programs of a duration between 9 and 18 sessions).
- All course fees are payable by EFT or cheque upon enrolment in advance.
- Course fees are only refunded if a course is cancelled by the German Academy (GA) (either in full in the case of an entire course being cancelled before
it has started, or for the proportion of a course not delivered due to partial cancellation). Should a course need to be cancelled, the GA does
not accept responsibility for course book purchases having been made by students for that course offering.
- Course fees may be refunded by negotiation in cases of compassionate or other very exceptional circumstances.
- Discounts on course fees for certified full-time students or pensioners are available upon request.
- Partial enrolment in all GA courses is subject to prior negotiation with management and availability, with priority given to full enrolments.
- To ensure best possible learning outcomes, the GA limits the class sizes of its courses. The GA may therefore not be able to accept all students into
a course who expressed their interest. In such cases, the GA follows the policy of giving priority order to those students who enrolled and paid
- If one or more course sessions need to be cancelled for any reason, the GA will offer the equivalent amount of replacement sessions at another suitable
time, thereby possibly amending a couse's advertised duration and/or format.
- Whilst the GA makes every effort to ensure the advertised teacher's (and course location's) availability for the full duration of a course, the GA
reserves the right to replace a teacher (or a course location) by a suitable alternative and to also change the delivery mode, if necessary
at any time.
- Being an adult education provider, the GA can generally only accept students aged 18 or above. Exceptions may apply under particular circumstances
at the GA’s discretion.